Favourite Film | The Prestige
Favourite directors | Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton

Saturday, 9 January 2010

Stop frame animation development

From last week I have developed my stop frame animation. I made another model to expand the site, so the first establishing shot of panning the street is longer and helps sets the scene more effectively. I have used more angles in this animation and actually used 4 cameras overall to shoot the stop frame. One from above to create an aerial view, one on a dolly to create the tracking, one from the right at point of view focusing on the bench and one from the left creating a close up view looking through the window of the building. It was easier to use more cameras and shoot at the same time rather than having to repeat the shoot, the motion would not be the same or continuous. I measured out the point at which I was going to stop the camera for the tracking shot. I used two lights to help show the time lapse from morning to evening. I drew a semi circle around the set and measured individual times where to move the lights in order for the shadows and highlights to change effectively.

Stop frame animation 2:

to be added

No comments:

Post a Comment