Favourite Film | The Prestige
Favourite directors | Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton

Sunday, 31 January 2010

Testing the overhead projector in the studio


Here I was testing with projecting to see the effect it would have on a flat surface with an object or interruption in the plain.  The bar creates a slight indentation  in the projection of light, but would need to be on a much larger scale to notice the effects.

In the studio I was able to test out the same projection as I did back home.  I was able to gain more distance between the projector and the corner, creating a larger projection and a more effective 3d light.

I tested the projection on the floor.  I really like the bright light on the wall and the dimmer light on the floor.  A different form would be needed to work with the floor projection I think, but it could be interactive with the visitors of the museum if on a larger scale.

I was testing the projection around the studio and tried it on the door.  On the open door the projection itself looks quite normal and maybe not as interesting, but on the floor the refection of the light emitted is quite successful. The light is broken in two by the brake in the plain the form has been projected onto.  I t would be exciting to see if this could happen with some sort of movement to it, changing as people walk though it.

No comments:

Post a Comment