For my posters I tried to use a grid to display my research. I have studied the forms from some of the objects in the photographs and produced line drawings, such as with the reels and lenses. Each drawing joins up with the next to show that the collection links together. The nine photographs show a gradient from messy parts of the museum and how the collection is stored to an organised and more formal method of display and storing.
On the next page I have started to look into the history of the cinema and key architectural and design elements that affected the experience of he cinema in the 1910s when buildings first stared being built especially for cinema, the 1920s when the building began to develop and the 1930s when Art Deco influences were prominent. Photographs of the collection from each era link with the text. At the top of the poster, the 3 areas of the museum, which caught my eye, were the Big Hall, the entrance corridor and the outside balcony.
No comments:
Post a Comment