Favourite Film | The Prestige
Favourite directors | Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton

Monday, 11 January 2010

Crit

From my crit:
  • Sum up my design
  • What am i focusing on?
  • What am i designing?
  • What about the order and chaos?
  • Chaos seems more exciting than order.
  • Define the path and sequence.
  • Show the experience of the cinema.
I am looking at order and chaos within the site and its surroundings.  My first impressions of the site was the chaotic organisation of the collection.  The site is very isolated which i would like to look into also.

Order allows accessibility, allows people to see the collection easily, linear design, isolation, objects seem less exciting.

Chaos creates hidden areas, but everything cannot be seen as easily, the visitor may miss something, its eaciting, allows people to investigate and explore, isolation.

Isolated site from busy streets, can be used to an advantage, let the experience start from outside.
I need to think how to portray the chaos and order in an exicitng way.  I have been researching into the 1910s, 20s and 30s hitory if the cinema and its design, I wolud like to involve this in my proposal somehow to show the experience of the cinema throughout the eras and not just one period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment