Favourite Film | The Prestige
Favourite directors | Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton

Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Corridor leader experiments

I experimented with feeding the leader around a bigger space in the corridors at Uni. This was fun to do but I did encounter some problems. I tried threading the leader through the metal structure hanging from the ceiling, however I discovered that the metal was to sharp and kept braking it. When ever it did brake it would de-thread itself and I would have to start again or very nearly start again. As I was setting it up, a couple of people were passing by and looked intrigued by what I was doing, everytime they passed I was somewhere else carrying the leader. I wasn't sure on the outcome as the first experiment with the fixings was a bit temperamental to start off with. I used the parts of the building to thread around this time, which seemed to work, similar to the second experiment I did in the studio using the pipes. The projector is feeding the leader through itself and causing it to move around the room, I have found that if it is a bit loose then it feeds better as it is not being forced through tightly. It helps the spikes stay in the holes of the leader which is very important helping the image be projected properly.

The time it took for the leader to complete a full circuit was 03:42 mins, which is shown as well as a faster version and detailing.



Following the leader [fast version]

Corridor leader from Theresa Williams on Vimeo.


Following the leader [real time version]

Corridor leader real time from Theresa Williams on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment