Favourite Film | The Prestige
Favourite directors | Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton

Monday, 21 June 2010

Final Degree Show

Over the past couple of weeks I have been preparing my exhibition for the end of year show. This is now on until Saturday 26th June at Chelsea College of Art and Design. My platform and I designed and built a centerpiece table to hold 5 TVs flush to the table’s surface at a 45degree angle. My individual installation consists of the 16mm project or expanding the clear and black leader out of the window of the exhibition space and looped around a film reel attached to the railings before reentering the internal space along the ceiling. The leader starts off blank and over time creates scratching and imperfections from the fabrication of the building, which in turn projects onto the wall. During the opening of the exhibition it was raining and as the rain drops settled on the leader it was projected on the wall, which created beautiful forms as if it was raining inside. This piece is ever changing and as I have said throughout the project very inconsistent in its outcome, allowing the project to produce unexpected qualities. I also showed an animation of a ‘walk through’ the site proposal with sound which helps create an idea of the new atmosphere within the site.


Reel attached to the railings outside


Projector and leader threaded through window

Animation and projection

No comments:

Post a Comment